Thursday, February 02, 2006

Beware...Long Post

I feel like many of my fellow bloggers are being attacked. So many of you have expressed in your blogs how you are struggling in different areas of your lives and how many of you are feeling exhausted, alone, depressed, stressed and hopeless.
I always find comfort in music and I've found a site, thanks to Dana, that you can upload music to and then put a link on your blog. I wanted to share this song with you all."


Click here to Listen to 'Susan-Ashton---Psalms-121'
Upload Video and Images - Putfile

Don't give up. Don't give in. Don't let the enemy win.

Do you know the story in 2 Kings about Elisha and his servant. Here's a summary...
Elisha was a prophet. Israel was at war with Syria. Elisha was telling the King of Israel every move that the King of Syria was going to make. The King of Syria thought there was a traitor among them because Israel was always one step ahead. His servants told him about Elisha. The King of Syria sent his people out to get Elisha. They surround the city where Elisha was with his servant.
15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
18 So when the Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD, and said, “Strike this people, I pray, with blindness.” And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
19 Now Elisha said to them, “This is not the way, nor is this the city. Follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom you seek.” But he led them to Samaria.
20 So it was, when they had come to Samaria, that Elisha said, “LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see.” And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and there they were, inside Samaria!

When you are feeling like you are alone and surround by the enemy, you think you have no help, no hope, no weapons....OPEN YOUR EYES!

I always think of Psalms 121 as being a good verse to go along with this story.
1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

NO TRIAL ENTERS YOUR LIFE WITHOUT FIRST TOUCHING THE HAND OF THE LORD...
HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING, EVEN WHEN WE DON'T.
HE WANTS US TO REST IN HIM AND HAVE FAITH...

One of my favorite groups and most beautiful songs is Beauty from Pain by Superchick.
The lights go out all around me
One last candle to keep out the night
And then the darkness surrounds me
I know I'm alive
But I feel like I've died
And all that's left is to accept that it's over
My dreams ran like sand through the fists that I made
I try to keep warm but I just grow colder
I feel like I'm slipping away
After all this has passed
I still will remain
After I've cried my last
There'll be beauty from pain
Though it won't be today
Someday I'll hope again
And there'll be beauty from pain
You will bring beauty from my pain
My whole world is the pain inside me
The best I can do is just get through the day
When life before is only a memory
I wonder why God let me walk through this place
And though I can't understand why this happened
I know that I will when I look back someday
And see how You've brought beauty from ashes
And made me as gold purified through these flames
Here and I am at the end of me (at the end of me)
Trying to hold to what I can't see
I forgot how to hope
This night's been so long
I cling to your promise there will be a dawn

Click here to listen to 'Superchick---Beauty-From-Pain'

No comments: