Thursday, January 08, 2009

Wow

So, I've been thinking maybe i could start blogging at least once a week. So I'm gonna write today and see if I can do this.

I've been working at my church for the last year part time in the Children's Ministry as a preschool coordinator. Making sure the preschool Sunday school teachers have what they need, make sure they show up and if they don't I make sure someone is there for the kids...I also do other odds and ends in the office too. It's fun!

My husband has been getting more active too, helping out with the elementary school ministry.

My oldest is in the 9th grade now, and she's about to turn 15! She is planning on going on a missions trip this summer and she helps out with all sorts of things at church too. It's great. I can't believe we're starting to talk about college more seriously! 3 years from now she'll be 4 months or so from GRADUATION!!! That's just nuts!

My youngest is 4 1/2 now almost. She is in Pre-K. She's one of the youngest being that her birthday is about 2 weeks before the cut off...but she's so dang smart! She's starting to read. She can sound things out and it's so exciting when she gets it! She'll be heading to Kindergarten in the fall.

God has been so faitful. This economic crisis has hit us pretty hard. My husband is a Realtor. It hasn't been easy but we're still doing ok.

I'm so happy that my hope doesn't lie in the power of Obama, or Bush....Or McCain, or anyone man has appointed....My hope lies in the power of the MAKER of kings, the MAKER of Presidents...My hope is in the ONE TRUE GOD...the MAKER of the heavens and the earth...

One of my favorite verses.

Psalm 121
A Song of Ascents.
1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.



No comments: