Saturday, April 21, 2012

Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread..YUM!

Here is the recipe I've started using in my bread maker and it is turning out SOOOOO GOOD!  It is half 100% whole wheat flour and half unbleached bread flour.

I put it into my bread machine in this order....
1/2 cup warm water
1/8 cup honey
2 Tbls oil (i've been using canola, next loaf I'm trying olive oil)
1/2 cup milk
1 1/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup unbleached bread flour
1 tsp yeast (i use Fleischmanns's Bread Machine Yeast)
salt (i use 2-3 pinches)

ONCE IT STARTS MIXING I CHECK IT....both times I've made it I've had to add about a tablespoon of water....

I put the settings on my bread machine at White Bread, 2lb and medium crust...When I did it like this my crust was reallllllllly crunchy. The consistency of the bread was almost like store bought and the flavor was REALLLLLLY good!

I've been searching and searching for good sandwich, toast and whatever bread machine bread....for years...so far this is by far the easiest and the yummiest with the exact consistency and size that I was looking for!

WOOHOO!

No comments: