Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gluten Free Bread in the Breadmaker

Originally this calls for 1 egg and 2 egg whites, 1 1/2 cup of warm skim milk, and 1 cup of white rice flour and 1 cup of brown rice flour.  

It is in my bread maker as we speak (or...as I speak).  I will let you know how it turns out.


I got this recipe from here.



  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 cups warm buttermilk

  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
  • 1/2 cup tapioca flour
  • 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
  • 1/4 cup millet flour
  • 2 cup brown rice flour
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast

(Originally the recipe says 1 egg and 1/3 cup of egg whites, 1 1/2 cups of warm skim milk and 1 cup of brown rice flour and 1 cup of white rice flour.)

I put it in my bread machine for 1.5 lb of regular white bread and medium crust.

It doesn't look or feel like normal dough, i've tried to add some more tapioca flour and rice flour...I'm not confident in this, my first attempt...it's on it's first rise right now...

:-)

No comments: