Monday, August 21, 2006

Random Fact of the Day

My baby has 3 small splinters in the bottom of her foot. (We went to my hubby's aunt's house yesterday and the little one ran around barefoot on a wooded deck...)

ANYWAY...
I attempted with a needle and got screams and just couldn't follow through. I found three other possible ways to get them out so I'm trying all three....

(1) Banana peel over the splinter for awhile (it says over night but since it's morning I'm figuring a few hours...
(2) baby oil or olive oil (i have baby oil gel)
(3) soaking in warm water

SO....I put the baby oil gel on...then covered with a ripe banana peel and put bandaids to hold them on. Then I put socks (mine) on her. After awhile...if she leaves them on and isn't complaining about pain I will give her a bath so her feet can soak in warm water...then I will see what they look like.

I'll let you know what happens....

Hmmm...what do you think?

No comments: