Thursday, September 14, 2006

You'd Think One Would Learn

So...how many times have I gotten my poor little precious 2 year old out of her sleep routine, only to have to endure one or two nights of torturous crying and yelling?

I've done it again. Yes...the crying it out method works for me...until I undo it all.....bedtime started gettin later and later and inconsistent and so, therefore, hence....yada yada...it is 12:21 and here I sit....she's getting worn out...I think...but then she starts up again...she's really very sleepy...just really very stubborn...I let her sleep out here in the living room last night...so I slept out here on the couch...i hate it...I'm not doing it again...

I feel bad for my oldest....they are right next door to each other...except USUALLY the oldest can sleep through it no problemo...i hope that holds true tonite....

So this really stinks....naptimes are still ok so that's a positive....it's just this whole bedtime thing....for MONTHS bedtime was between 8 and 9...no problem...we read 3 books sang 3 songs...I'd put her down awake and she'd talk herself to sleep....

Not so much anymore....

And boy am I tired....

I'm going in in 6 minutes to wipe her face...give her some water...and sing and put her down...trying to keep my "visits" to 5 minutes...and slowly spacing them further and further apart...first one was 3 minutes...second one was 10 minutes....this one will be 20 minutes (apart...not my visit...make sense?).....

I know after tonite and MAYBE tomorrow we will be back to "normal"...whatever that is...

Pray for my poor little one...and for my oldest...and for me....and for my hubby....

I HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT....at what point will it sink in? UGH.....

Man...still 5 minutes to go....I guess I could watch some TV....

ok...well...just had to share....I appreciate all your prayers.....

No comments: