Friday, January 19, 2007

Baffled and Outraged


OK...every since the story about the 2 boys in Missouri broke, I've been completely blown away by the fact that there are people out there who think they can just come, take a child away from their home and family, for their own sick selfish reasons. I MEAN....

It just makes me SOOOOO mad!!!!! To think that these poor boys were taken and kept 60-80 miles from their homes, leaving their families scared, hurt, baffled and feeling a bit helpless to say the least.

It is so unfathomable to me that there are 3000 children EVERY DAY reported missing...WHAT! It is outrageous. The people who commit these crimes...no matter what the nature of it is...ANY crime against a child should mandate a life sentence.

Whew...can you tell I'm fired up!

And the fact that Shawn Hornbeck, who was missing for 4 1/2 years, had friends and those friends had families...and all of these people lived in the area that Shawn was abducted from, and some even noticed similarities between him and the pictures of him...but now one spoke up! NO ONE SPOKE UP...who cares if you're wrong...I mean, WHAT IF YOU'RE RIGHT? These are somebody's children.....if it was your child wouldn't you want someone to do the same?

I think everyone thinks...oh, I wouldn't recognize any of those missing kids...none of them are at my kid's school, or at church, or in line behind me at the grocery store....YOU NEVER KNOW...I certainly don't think any of Shawn's friends for the last 4 1/2 years REALLY believed it was him...BUT IT WAS HIM....

You can go to www.ncmec.org and look through pictures of missing kids in your state or any other state. It doesn't take a long time, and who knows what might come of it.

We have such a great resource in the internet. 3000 kids a day...missing...taken from their families and the safety of their homes. WE CAN ALL DO SOMETHING TO HELP....

As you might notice I've added a bunch of different banners to my blog. I've also signed up to have Amber Alerts delivered to my cell phone. We have the resources, we need to use them to save these children.

AND PROTECT YOUR OWN KIDS! It can happen to anybody. Ben Ownby was 500 feet from his home when he was abducted. THANK THE LORD that 15 year old boy, Mitchell, paid such close attention to the details of the vehicle he saw at the time. And PRAISE THE LORD for those police officers who acted on their gut instinct and rescued these boys.

SO....there is my post for the day. DO SOMETHING...be proactive....help someone find their kid...pass along the word....

If you want html for any of the banners let me know and I'll give them to you.

THANKS FOR LISTENING...This has been burning me up!

No comments: