Thursday, July 20, 2006

Chinese Sleep Torture....

Please click here if you have suggestions for potty training my daughter....otherwise....on with the story.

So the little on has a cold. Last night, before bed I gave her cough medicine and decongestant and some tylenol. She didn't fall asleep until 10:00pm cuz she just didn't feel good.

I, in turn, believe it was around 11:00 when I hit the sack.

At 1:05am I was awakened by her crying. I let her cry for a little bit but soon realized she was just not going back to sleep.

It was 4:50am when she finally fell back to sleep. I, in turn, fell back asleep around 5:00am...(that's 4 hours of sleep I missed)....then, she awoke again at 6:45am. THAT IS 3 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES OF SLEEP I GOT LAST NIGHT...

Now, I love my sleep. Don't get me wrong. I'm an 8 hour or so per night person...usually to bed around 10:00 and up around 6:00....I don't like waking up particularly but I do, and after I have my yummy coffee I'm ready to start the day...BUT PLEASE, OH PLEASE, DON'T TAKE MY SLEEP FROM ME....

So....today she has been pretty good, but then she started getting tired around 11:00 and was dozing off on my shoulder. I went to sit down with her....OH NO! She was having none of that....so I rocked her some more and tried to lay her down in her bed...OH NO...none of that either....SO THEN I ROCKED HER SOME MORE....and I tried to lay her down in my hubby and my bed....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO WAY! So then I tried the Living Room, and I tried sitting again...NOT A CHANCE...It was me standing and rocking her or NOTHING....Hubby told me to just let her cry and at first I said "no...she'll fall into a deep enough sleep then I can put her down"....well, she did fall into a deep enough sleep for me to sit with her but DUMB OLD ME...I tried to get her to lay next to me on the couch..AND WE STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN....So I let her cry in my arms on my nap, trying to pull me by my neck to stand up....KEEP IN MIND I HAVE ONLY HAD 3 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES OF SLEEP....But I feel bad for her cuz she feels yucky and is really tired too...but she's around 33 lbs....she's like 34 inches long...I'M ONLY 5'4 (that is 64 inches FYI)....SHE'S HUGE....I can only hold her so long...and as desperately as I wanted her to fall asleep....the pain was just toooooo much.

So at one point I almost had her asleep...that was like 2 hours ago....it's 2:00 now. She's on the couch watching Teletubbies eating a Papa John's breadstick. She's tired...oh yes she's tired....

I'm gonna try in just a minute to do our regular nap routine and see if that works....that is, after I finish my leftover Papa John's pizza and a coke....

At one point I really felt like I was being tortured....but I'm having my second wind....I CAN DO THIS...SHE WILL GO TO SLEEP or it's out with the Benedryl....eh hem...did I say that?

:-)
Thanks for all of your suggestions so far about the pottytraining....I'll let you know when I start and how it's going!

So....one more piece of pizza then we're off to read and sing and hopefully SLEEP....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2:35pm - UPDATE: She's Asleep...GOODNIGHT TO YOU ALL!

No comments: