Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Have you decided....


Have you decided to make today a good day?

Have you decided to be joyful today?

What are the words that are coming out of your mouth today? Are they uplifting or are the tearing down?

When you CHOOSE to have a good attitude you WILL get more done. Even if you feel grumpy at first, if you just CHOOSE to TRY and if you make your mind up that you WILL be happy and you won't let SATAN bring you down....YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD DAY. Only you can let someone else or something else cause you to have a bad day or a bad attitude. No one and nothing can MAKE you be in a bad mood.

When you are in Christ, what do you have to be sad about? The things on this earth are only temporary. Our joy should be in what lies above. Our future is eternity with Christ!

Are you an example to non-believers simply by your countenance? Can other's see Christ through you?

These are things I try to consciously think of EVERYDAY and EVERYWHERE in EVERYTHING I do. Sometimes I forget and my flesh takes over. I can be short with others and grumpy. I can get focused on my goals for the day which results in me getting really irritated at the others in my house when they get me off track....but if I let the Spirit take over I can pull myself out of that place and realize IT IS OK....

Sometimes I need to enjoy my family more and worry about being perfect less....

I'm writing this to you because these are things I have been struggling with and working on lately.

I just found this verse today and I really love it.


Psalms 30:11-12
11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.


No comments: