Thursday, May 25, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday (LATE), TTT, and *NEW* Tasty Thursday....


(Go see Rocks In My Dryer for more!)

I have a hard time coming up with what to make for dinner because I like to make really yummy things SO...I have made a calander for the month. Every Monday is Chicken Night, Tuesday is Fish Night, Wednesday Is Leftovers, Thursday is Random, Friday is Steak Night, Saturday is Pasta and Sunday is Leftovers again.

Then I just look for recipes to plug in each night and I shop for 2 days at a time...I figure them out 1 week at a time.

WORKS FOR ME! and it helps me just have a plan so I don't wonder WHAT'S FOR DINNER!!!


(Go see Sheila for more TTT)

(1) Today is the first day of Summer Break for the oldest! HOORAY!
(2) I worked on the garden for about 20 min last night while my husband cleaned up the back yard and the girls played...(pictures of the garden REALLY are forthcoming to the PhotoBlog...
(3) I love the summer I love the summer I love the summer!

*NEW*

My new friend Jessica has come up with Tasty Thursday. Jessica's blog is a little different. In order to comment you register. It is free and it's just her (not some big blogging place that will use your email for anything)....It's really neat! Go check her out and participate in Tasty Thursday! Click on the "Blog" button on the top of the screen and then click "Read more on this entry!"

So here is my Tasty Thursday...
I got it from Here and YUM! And sooooo easy!

Ultimate Crock Pot Lasagna
Rich, explosive tomato flavors and garlic and onion-rich ground beef will turn your crock pot into a lasagna factory.

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 can (29 ounce) tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 can( 6 ounce) tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 pack (8 ounce) no cook lasagna noodles
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 and 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Brown in skillet: beef, onion, garlic. Drain.

Add tomato sauce, water, paste, salt, and oregano and mix well. Spread 1/4 sauce in ungreased 5 quart cooker, arrange noodles (break when needed), combine cheeses and spoon 1/3 over noodles, repeat layers twice, top with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender.

Enjoy your crock pot lasagna.

I have to admit...I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese...this one was a HUGE hit with my family.

No comments: