Sunday, June 04, 2006

Say what you want about WalMart BUT....

 
 


Do you see it? Look closely at her bottom lip...it is swollen and red...

Yesterday afternoon, my mom, my youngest and I went on our usual Saturday trip to Walmart...now, does your Walmart have those really cool carts with the double blue seats for kids? Well, my youngest has to sit in that now...no more of that baby stuff!

As we were going through the self check outs I was at on and my mom was at another beside and ahead of me (you know how they are staggard?)...my youngest was leaning all the way to the side and looking up saying "lights, lights, lights"...and kind of swinging back and forth...I saw NO HARM in this...HA! I should've known better and just ducktaped the child in place...

I look down to scan something or bag something..it's all a fog now...and all of a sudden I hear SCREAMING coming from MY CHILD...this is not normal...she is not a screamer or even much of a cryer...she never has been, even since birth...when she was born and they handed her to me I started yelling "Whats wrong with her! She's not crying..."

BACK TO THE STORY AT HAND....my mother ran around the cart to her and I ran over to her and there is blood coming from her mouth area...I remain calm praying there is no missing teeth...HERE COMES THE "WALMART ROCKS PART"....all of a sudden there are at least 5 associates around us...2 came running with paper towels 2 came and said "what can we do" and the 5th person was the manager...he came and said "oh no! is she ok...awww....poor baby...can I get you some ice" and I said "sure"....All 5 were so concerned ***Some may say they were probably worried about being sued or whatever...LET ME TELL YOU...there was no way they could fake the concern on their faces...in their voices...they saw my little princess with blood on her face and shirt and they were really truly concerned..."***

WELL...in her usual fashion my little one stopped crying after about 1 minute and only whimpered a tiny bit more. One of the associates offered to ring up the rest of my stuff up for me...so I said "sure"...The manager came back with a rubber glove full of ice for her.

What I figure happened is that in her swinging back and forth sideways and half upside down...was that she smacked her mouth on the bar on the side of the cart and her front teeth went straight into her lip...deep...YUK and OUCH!

These people were like angels...no kidding...by the time we walked away they had all gone back to wherever they came from....it was so surreal. They really were there so quickly and they worked so fast to help get us what we needed...

THANK YOU WALMART! Just another reason I LOVE YOU GUYS! Posted by Picasa

BY THE WAY....Check out the new pics on my photo blog of the outfits that my mom (GG) bought for the little one...we had a tiny fashion show...

No comments: