Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ugh...I did it AGAIN!

Ok...So it's Works for me Wednesday FIRST, then Three Things Thursday (I would do Thursday Thirteen too but COME ONE! I can barely get 3 things done!) and Tasty Thursday...ALL IN ONE! WOOHOO, what fun!


(brought to you by Rocks in My Dryer.)

OK...so sometimes I get WAY off track when I'm trying to do my housecleaning. And sometimes it seems like there is so much to do and I don't know where to start...
Well...thanks to FlyLady and Yahoo's Calendar and Reminders I'm on track EVERYDAY!

I've taken most of the stuff FlyLady sends out in her emails (if you've signed up you kow what I mean...if not YOU SHOULD if this is an area where you struggle AND you want to do better... :-) and I've made a daily calendar and plugged each of these things in at a certain time. I know there are a TRILLION other calendar and reminder programs but it just happens that I use yahoo...the reason I like it is because when it's time for the next thing I hear a noise from my computer...Up on my screen is a little box that says what is next...

This may sound elementary BUT LET ME TELL YOU....it has made housekeeping so much easier...most of the time I get ahead of it which is kind of fun...but it really keeps me on task and helps me to remember everything that needs to be done...

Here is my morning calendar...
6:00am-7:00am - Wake up, Make Coffee, Make Breakfast, Make Lunches, Make Bed, Send everyone off to wherever they are going...

7:00am-8:00am - Straighten up the Living Room (usually the messiest in the house) Get dressed, hair, makeup..(doing your hair and makeup can TOTALLY CHANGE how you feel about yourself) Usually the little one is up during this time so that make this take a little longer

8:00am-9:30am - Laundry into the washer, Trash out, Do the dishes, Baby fed and dressed

9:30am-10:00am - I straighten all the rooms up...not really cleaning yet..just getting them in order..

10:00am-11:00am - Weekly Home Blessing(FlyLady) which includes: vacuum, dust, mop, mirrors and windows, change sheets. Most of these I do every other day)instead of just once a week, on the in between days I try to tackle a project I've been wanting to do.

11:00am-12:00pm - Put dishes away, Fold Laundry/Restart dryer if it needs to be Lunchtime (straighten any messes that SOMEONE may have made)

12:00pm-1:00pm - Wind down for nap (there is a few things I have to do to get ready for her nap such as get her little blanket bed set up on the LR floor...bring in the loud dogs that bark at everything, read to her, sing to here...etc.

1:00pm-3:00pm - NAPTIME...during this time I usually nap, shower, computer, fold clothes, put clothes away....anything I need to do that is easier to do when she's asleep.

3:00pm-6:00pm - Run any errands I have to do, get dinner started, finish laundry...this is kind of a tying up loose ends time...

6:00pm-8:00pm - Dinner, clean up, garden, play, tv time...

8:00pm-9:00pm - bathtime for baby, get baby ready for bed...baby to bed

9:00pm-10:30pm - MY TIME...computer, cuddle with hubby, watch TV....

10:30pm - BY THIS TIME my hubby, myself and our oldest usually are in bed or we head to bed...


I don't always get everything done EVERY DAY but it has changed my household completly...It feels REALLY good!


(brought to you by Sheila.)
Three things not many people know about me.

(1) I sold Mary Kay for awhile before I was pregnant...then I just couldn't do it consistently but I LOVE the products and still use thema and plan to do it again ONE DAY...

(2) My major is/was Political Science...before I met my hubby I had decided I was never going to be married or have a family. I wanted to be a prosecutor (DA), then become a judge, then a Senator...funny how love changes things...now I want to raise my girls and be a Government teacher (although I have fantasies about being a profiler or detective for the FBI sometimes :-)

(3) I have 2 older brothers...one of which I will do an entire post on in the near future to show him I really do love him and I still think he's totally cool....(I have posted about the other one several times).


(Brought to you by Jessica.)
This is rather simple but RARELY can you look in my fridge and not see this.
It's a grilled chicken salad.

I grill boneless skinless chicken breasts on my HUGE George Foreman. Then I shred it.
I use a dark bag mix of lettuce and i throw in some spinach too.
I add red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers.
I add celery.
I add cucumbers.
I add blue cheese crumbles.
I add shredded parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.
I add croutons sometimes too.

I put it all in a bowl and shake it up.

I eat this ALL the time with some yummy ranch that I get from a local restaraunt. (I'm very picky about ranch dressing and this place is the best!)

There you have it!

No comments: