Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Naptime Woes AGAIN

So she's protesting again...42 minutes so far. She protested so much yesterday that I gave up so I think she's betting on that again today. I tell you what, that child is so tired. She fought for a second when I started her pre-naptime book but then...not only did she give in and stop fighting, she fell asleep while sitting on my lap...then I stood up and rocked her...she has been screaming everytime I sing her pre-bedtime songs (I trying not to take it as a reflection of my singing) so I've decided to let her cd play and I rock her to the rhythm of the song....like this....1-2-3-4, 2-2-3-4, 3-2-3-4...all the way to 100-2-3-4....She was snoring, out like a light...then I put her down and for 45 minutes now she's been yelling at me....she takes long pauses sometimes and then starts again. UGH...I'm not giving in today...nope...not today. I'm gonna be strong. I've already cleaned my sink until it sparkles and now I'm hungry so I'm gonna eat and watch a video of food shows, and home decorating shows...hooray...and I'm not gonna give in.

She's been doing so well going to sleep without a fight at bedtime and naptime...my only problem lately has been her nightwakings....I'm not sure what this is about.

Really, I'm about to starve so I better go eat something. She has to fall asleep sometime....right?

O Lord, Please let this poor sleepy child give in to sleep! Oh please, oh please, OH PLEASE!

UPDATE #1 @ 1:36pm
At 1:00 she was still crying so...I went in changed her diaper, read 4 books, sang (she actually didn't scream once) and she was out on my shoulder AGAIN...I put her down and (drumroll please)...36 minutes and she's still crying. Except for the 15 minutes I spent in there she's been crying for 2 1/2 hours. I'm not sure why. She's not gnawing on her little hand and she is fine if I'm holding her. Why, oh, why...if I go get her I know this will continue to happen day after day, but 2 1/2 hours, come on, this is rediculous.

For those of you shocked that I've let her cry this long let me tell you one thing, when I went in at 1 (after 2 hours of crying), there was not 1 tear, no red face, no messy hair...she stopped IMMEDIATELY and even let me change her with no crying.

If you're thinking (like me), oh, she just wants mommy...probably. I think it's a separation thing. But I can't sit day after day and hold her during her 2 hour nap. My back won't take it, i get hungry, I have to use the restroom, it just doesn't work. Believe me, I've done it before when she's been sick and it ain't pretty.

So she has to fall asleep sometime. That's how I've gotten to 2 1/2 hours without losing my mind. I keep hearing her pause for about 5 seconds and I think "she's slowing down, it won't be long"....

I have no plan at this point of how long I will wait her out. I keep thinking if I give in now I'm going to be doing this again tomorrow.

It's 1:43 now. We'll see what the next little while brings me!

UPDATE #2 @ 2:08
At 1:54 she stopped crying. I'm hoping she'll take a nice long nap...ha ha ha ha ha ha

I'm also hoping this means, since I went through this torture and I didn't collapse under pressure, that she'll go down much easier tomorrow....we will see.

But Thank the Lord!

No comments: