Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Christmas, New Years and Pictures Galore!

I've decided to just post a bunch of random pictures from the last few weeks.

My favorite part of Christmas would have to be ordering EVERY SINGLE THING from American Girl that my oldest asked for this year....let me back up a little. Every year my oldest daughter gets the American Girl catalog before Christmas and circles and writes down everything she wants. Every year I've smiled, said oh that's cool and then we go buy her a bunch of other things. WELL...this year we decided to get the two grandmothers in on it and I took her list and ordered EVERYTHING! She is 11, almost 12 and she loves American Girl. She is the best daughter, she never talks back and she has the sweetest spirit. I married her daddy when she was 7 and I've watched her grow into a beautiful young lady who is so sincere and respectful so she deserves this more than anyone I know.
It was so much fun watching her unwrap one at a time realizing what was going on.


We didn't exactly follow through with our plans that we (I) had made but it was a wonderful holiday. Then some of my family came through town over New Years.

Then, New Years Day...my little one began to throw up. All she had that morning was water and that's what kept coming out. It wasn't pretty. After 4 hours of her not keeping ANYTHING down, including 1 teaspoon of Pedialite, our doctor on call suggested the ER...so there we went. THANK THE LORD we got there and it was within 45 min that we got back. She was so weak and tired...I wouldn't say it was scary, because I knew she would be ok, but it was something I've never experienced before. She's never been sick like that before. Never thrown up, until now....The got her hooked up to an IV to hydrate her and did some tests. Praise the Lord that it was only a virus and nothing more. We were there for about 7.5 hours, and every second was worth it to get her hydrated. It was awful to see my little bundle of electricity so tired and weak....She's doing much better now. Still a few symptoms but no more throwing up. She has quite the gurgly tummy though...poor thing. But she's up and playing now, which is such a relief to see.

So enjoy the pictures. I hope everyone's holidays were fun, relaxing and full of joy. My little one is sound asleep and I'm pretty tired too. It's been a long couple of days and nights. I'll be happy when all is back to normal around here.

I'm planning on taking up scrapbooking. I currently have about 8000 pictures on my computer (no, i'm not kidding) and but I never print them out. I'm considering doing something like Shutterfly to get them developed and then start some scrapbooks. Any suggestions regarding scrapbooking? I'd love to find a local group that gets together to do it. Is there such groups? Where do I look?

Well, I'm out for now! Until next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: