Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Peter 3:14-15

Our sermon today was on I Peter 3:14-15-
4 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled." 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

This is something I pray for myself and all of you. When things have gotten rough and we feel like the whole world is falling apart, those are the times we need to shine the most to those who don't know Christ. It' s not easy, and it's ok to question why...but in the end, keeping the joy that was given to us when we came to know Christ, knowing that the things of this earth are temporary and our joy lies in what is ahead...that is the greatest testimony we can give. And we need to be ready for the questions from those how might not understand. How can you have joy when this is happening to you? Why do you have a smile on your face? WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T?

Daniel 12:3
3 Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.
This is what we were made for, in good times and bad, to shine like stars, the reflection of the light of God's love to those who are lost.

Romans 8:15
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." We have no reason to fear, but a reason to rejoice because God has ADOPTED us! He is our Father, our Daddy, no one can snatch us out of His hand....NO ONE!

I love these verses and our pastor used them all today. This is something I've always felt strongly about, but I still struggle. I still get caught up in the grumbling and complaining when things aren't going my way...when I really should count myself as blessed.

James 1:2-3
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

Trials, struggles, stress...it should remind us that we are His...and we must be doing something right because Satan is working overtime to try and defeat us.

I just felt I needed to share this with you all today.

No comments: