Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Busy, Long Days

As a mother of a 15 month old I guess you're always tired so I won't even tell you that I'm tired again.

The party was wonderful fun! I put colored christmas lights on the back porch and we lit a log in the fireplace that is back there. I made hot chocolate from scratch and made 10 quarts of it! I put up some Christmas decorations and played Christmas music. My hubby requested Strawberry Shortcake as his birthday cake so we stuck a big 40 on it and he put it out with whipped cream...silly hubby! It really was a lot of fun. I think about 15-20 people came.

Saturday my mom came over and helped me clean up, and Sunday we just relaxed. I've been on reading all of the blogs I read and reading all of the comments I've gotten but I haven't gotten around to writing a new post.

I'm about to go make breakfast for me and the little one, who..by the way...slept pretty well last night. 2 spans of 4 hours straight. Hooray. I realized I was still giving her cough and cold medicine before bed because she had been sick for so long, so last night I just gave her regular Ibuprofen, and I think it actually helped her sleep better. The other stuff made her sleepy but then when she woke up she was fidgety and it was hard for her to go back to sleep. Last night it barely took 10 min each time and she was back to sleep. It was pretty nice.

I have some funny pictures of her to post later. I put her hair in two ponytails, one on each side of her head and then put a barrett in to hold back her bangs. Too cute for words.

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving. We are going to my mom-in-law's house. I'm making the mashed potatoes...i love making mashed potatoes! I love pumpkin pie too and turkey and gravy and stuffing! yum yum...i cannot wait!

I'm doing my tree in purple and gold this year. We already got some decorations. for the last 7 years I've used blue and silver and used the same everything so this year we are going to have new colors. Purple is my all time favorite color and it looks so pretty with gold.

Ok, here I go. I am hungry and I think she is too!

I'll write more later. I have 3 days to catch up on for goodness sakes!!!

No comments: