Monday, November 28, 2005

Free Therapy

I'm writing this post as a sort of theraputic outlet. My daughter (15 months) has been doing pretty well the last 2 months or so going to sleep without crying. Well, it all started yesterday when we went to mom's for dinner. The baby had slept so well the night before and actually slept later than normal so her naptime, I figured, would be a little later. Well, we were at mom's for a long time so I decided to nurse her to sleep because she was so sleepy but she's never napped anywhere but home and I thought it would be easier. Well, it was like from 345-600 she slept on my lap...which then made bedtime be later...940 to be exact....well, little miss "I don't need no sleep" woke up this morning at 645. Her little sleep schedule is all messed up and she's very attached to her schedule. I never had a schedule when she was a little baby but I've found as she's gotten older more consistant nap and bedtimes have really made a difference. Well, now she's all off...

ALL TO SAY...I took her in at 1141...read a few books, sang and put her down...she cried. I came out of her room at 1202...I went back in at 1207 cuz I couldn't stand it and I sang to her and she began to doze, only to scream as soon as she felt me put her down. I came out again at 1216 and she's been screaming and crying every since. The last few minutes it was off and on but now she's full force again. 10 minutes so far. I've been through this before for longer periods of crying but when you haven't done it in awhile it's hard to listen too.

So typing this is helping me by sharing my frustration, stress and guilt (I know I shouldn't feel guilty but I can't help it)...I'm drinking hot chocolate to try and comfort myself.

La, La, La...I know she'll stop any minute.

I'm gonna go sit on the couch and watch a video my mom brought me and drink hot chocolate.

It will be over soon...I hope.

No comments: