Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Poodle Girls

Here are my girls yesterday. I'm a little peeved at myself because these pictures are from the initial try-on session....when we got ready to go last night when my oldest had the bow in her hair and around her neck and her hair in a high ponytail and her white tennis shoes on....my batteries in my camera were dead. I have to pairs of rechargables for my camera and the other set weren't on the charger...so I didn't get any pictures of my oldest completely made up! Boo Hoo!

Oh well, she still looks cute here. I didn't leave the petticoat this long. I made the poodle skirt (not the actual skirt mind you...I used one of her's and hot glued the poodle and the leash of the poodle on. I made the petticoat too which was too cute.

My baby girl was possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen walking around in that poodle costume. She had everyone at the restaurant and at church cracking up. She's quite the card.

We didn't actually go trick-or-treating...my oldest made the "green honor roll" so we took her out to eat and then went to our church's Family Fun Festival. It was fun...yes they got candy.

My whole body is in pain today after yesterday's workout. BUT...I worked out here at home today with Denise Austin! Once I get moving it's not too bad...Baby took a great nap so I got a great nap in too. I have a bunch of things I want to do today and it's already 2:00, but I will keep moving on my way to being more organized.

I'll keep you updated. Oh, by the way...thank you for all the prayers about my daughter's sleeping habits! So far this is how it's going. I began putting her to bed a the exact same time every day for her nap (she takes 1 now) and every evening for bed. I do the same exact routine at the same exact time. SO...she is sleeping later in the morning, going to bed without fighting me at all for naps or bedtime (some crying for max 5 min sometimes) and her naps are lasting 2.5 hours. She is still waking 2-3 times per night for a short time and I still have to work on that, but now we are trying to adjust to the time change slowly so after that I will move on to the nightwaking. And also, I am down to only nursing her in the middle of the night so that's about 2-3 times per day for about 10-20 min each so we are close to weaning...and I will take care of both the night wakings and night feedings at the same time. I am getting more sleep and feeling much better about it so THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I gotta get going....until later...


Amanda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Being a Mom is for sure a FULL TIME job. Both of my little ones are sleeping right now. I wish I was but I have stuff to do. Never enough time! Your children are beautiful!

mommyofangels said...

At least you took pictures. My camera was full, and I've been too busy to download mine so I can take more. I'm going to have to dress them up again just to get pictures.

Stephanie said...

Amanda...my hubby always tells me to nap when the little one is napping but I always end up trying to get everything done that I can't do when she's awake. I'm trying more now because I'm really trying to take care of myself more now. It's hard though. Sometimes I find myself laying down and I realize I've been laying there for 30 min thinking of everything I have to do. Thanks for your comment!

MommyofAngels...I've thought quite a bit about making them dress up again for pictures but I think my 11 year old would really think I've gone cuckoo and plus, I would always know it wasn't from the actual night and for some reason that, I think, would bother me. Oh well...If you take some pictures you'll have to share them! Thanks for commenting!